Most projects go through these stages on the way to completion:
- Your idea
- Interviewing architects to find the one you want to work with
- Building a budget for the project
- Securing funding for the project
- Hiring an architect who will translate your ideas into plans that can be built
- Submitting those plans for review and approval by the building department in the city or county where the project will be constructed
- Revising the plans as needed to meet the permit and building code requirements
- Using the approved plans to find and hire contractors to build your project
- Review of the construction by the building department
- Approval of construction before occupancy is permitted
- Your project is completed
Anywhere along the way, there will likely be adjustments, revisions, rethinking, and collaboration before your project can proceed.
- Building codes change.
- Community needs change.
- The requirements imposed by a local municipality may differ from those of the state or federal government.
- Codes may be interpreted differently by different plan checkers and agencies.
Time, Money and Knowledge
Depending on where you live, getting your project through permitting can be a complex, time-consuming, and difficult to navigate the process.
With more than 30 years of experience in design, project management, and working with agencies who issue permits, GLB Architects is able to move your project forward with confidence, speed, and clarity. Our relationships with building departments throughout the San Francisco Bay area are based on mutual respect and honesty.
Building codes change, frequently. We have experience with new buildings, remodels and upgrades. What may have been legal when a building was initially constructed is no longer the case when it comes time to do a remodel or change of use.
Code Changes and Requirements
When you hire GLB Architects, you know that we stay up-to-date on code changes and requirements. When you hire us, we care for your interests. We become part of your team. We know how to ask the right questions to be sure your project meets legal requirements and standards. Our extensive knowledge of code requirements, our long-standing relationships with permit and resource professionals, and our expertise with construction planning and management ensure that you have a project that can be built.
We help you avoid unnecessary delays that come when you work with less experienced architects. Delays cost you time and money. Delays cause you stress and frustration, inconvenience, and may jeopardize the success of your project.
Getting the Job Done Right the First Time
We take the guess work out of the permit process. We work with building departments throughout the state of California. We have always succeeded in securing the permits needed.
We Help You Get Your Project Permits
We are here to help you get your project built.
For more information, call us at 707.938.8844.